This page contains some additional instructor resources, helpful in case you use all or part of this course in your class.
Student workload estimates
The full length course has a total video playback time of about 3 hours. The abridged sequence of lectures removes some less-essential material for the purposes of reducing total video time to about 1.5-2 hours.
These are short question sets that go with each course module. The HTML view version displays the questions in the browser. The Blackboard import file is a 'blackboard test' zip file that can be imported into your blackboard course and given to students as an online quiz within blackboard.
Since all questions are either multiple choice or numeric-answer questions, blackboard will grade them automatically, without requiring any work on the part of the instructor. The students' grades will automatically get populated in the grade center.
The specific lessons covering each question are listed below each assessment.
Full course asssessments
- Module 01 Quiz. Blackboard import file. HTML view.
- Lesson 01-01: questions 1,2
- Lesson 01-02: questions 3,4
- Lesson 01-03: question 5
- Module 02 Quiz. Blackboard import file. HTML view.
- Lesson 02-01: questions 1,2,3,4
- Lesson 02-02: question 5
- Module 03 Quiz. Blackboard import file. HTML view.
- Lesson 03-01: questions 1,2,3,4
- Lesson 03-02: questions 5,6
- Module 04 Quiz. Blackboard import file. HTML view.
- Lesson 04-01: questions 1,3
- Lesson 04-02: questions 2,4,5,6
- Module 05 Quiz. Blackboard import file. HTML view.
- Lesson 05-01: questions 1,2,3,4,5
- Lesson 05-02: questions 6,7,8
- Module 06 Quiz. Blackboard import file. HTML view.
- Lesson 06-01: questions 1,2,3
- Lesson 06-02: questions 4,5,6
- Lesson 06-03: questions 7,8,9
- Lesson 06-04: questions 10,11
Short course assessments
Short course assessments are the same as above, except for modules 1 and 6. The abridged assessments are linked below:
Blackboard import instructions
To import a blackboard file, follow these steps:
Once the test is imported, you can edit it and add/remove questions as you like. Students will not see the test, until you take a separate step to deploy the test to the content area.
To deploy the test to your students in the main Content area, follow these steps:
- In your blackboard course, go to Course tools, then Tests, surveys and pools, then select Tests.
- Click the Import Test button.
- Click Browse my computer, browse to the zip file for the test you want to import to select it, then click the Submit button
- If all goes well, Blackboard will return a page saying Test import complete.
Any blackboard questions you have can often be resolved with information available at the Blackboard help website. If that doesn't help, feel free to email me with questions!
- Go to the main Content area of your Blackboard course.
- Select the Assessments menu, then click Test.
- You will be taken to a Create test page. There will be a selection box labeled Add an existing test with a list of items you have created/imported earlier. Select the imported test you'd like to deploy and click Submit.
- You will be taken to a page to select test options, such as date/time of availability, number of attempts to allow students, etc. For a more complete description of these options, see this blackboard help page.
- Once you have selected the options you want, hit the Submit button, and you're done! If you have not made any restrictions on availability, the test is now available for students to take. You can see how it looks to students by going to the Content area and going to the test.